REGISTRATION FOR THE BASIC WEEKEND IS CLOSED. IF YOU WANT TO SIGN UP FOR THE TEA DANCE, CHECK WITH MARILYN FIRST, AS WE MAY OR MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ADD YOU AT THIS LATE DATE.
Prerequisite: Know at least a basic turning waltz, and be comfortable with your leading or following skills
Basic Weekend Package
$165 May 10+
($145 Early Bird through May 9)
$25 Cancellation fee if cancelled by May 9. No refunds May 10 or after (unless you do not come off the followers' wait list; in which case you will receive a full refund)
basic weekend Package includes:
- Friday evening Speakeasy with silent film and our opening dance with live music at The Barn north of Denver
- Saturday and Sunday daytime workshops with catered box lunches at the Avalon Ballroom, Boulder
- Saturday Evening Art Deco Ball with live music at the Avalon Ballroom
See Schedule & Attire for details
Toward the goal of having happy dancers during the weekend, registration will be balanced with leader/follower roles.
Role balancing is only to assure that we have as close to an equal number of partners as we can. Richard will rotate partners frequently, so you will not necessarily be partnered with your registration partner for the classes. Who you partner with during our social events is totally up to you!!
Wait List - We typically run a follower's wait list until closer to the event for those waiting to be balanced by leaders. After you receive the automated email that your registration is complete, if you are on a wait list, you will be notified by a personalized email that you are on a wait list, and again, when you clear the list. In the unlikely event that you do not clear the wait list, you will receive a full refund. If you pay by check, your check will not be cashed until you clear the wait list. If you are on a wait list after the price goes up, and a solo partner registers at the higher price to balance your registration, you will still be paying the Early Bird price. If you register, get onto the wait list, and then track down a registration partner, please notify us who this partner is BEFORE he registers. Otherwise, you risk his taking the follower off the wait list who is in the #1 awaiting spot.
Followers - if you register with a registration partner, make sure they meet the prerequisite of knowing a basic turning waltz who is comfie with his/her leading skills. Registering with a "warm body" who doesn't meet the prerequisite will do a great disservice to the rest of the followers during the weekend when they dance with that partner!
Leaders - If you are registering as a solo leader, we ask you to sign up sooner than later. The wait listed followers will REALLY appreciate coming off the list sooner, especially the ones who are flying in!
Registration will be limited by the size of the ballroom. Richard Powers weekends often sell out, so register early to assure you get a spot!
optional tea dance with movie music $35
CHAUTAUQUA COMMUNITY HOUSE
900 Baseline Road, Boulder
(unless you do not come off the wait list; in which case you will get a full refund)
This beautiful 1918 dance floor is smaller than the Avalon Ballroom, so the tickets, which will include catered refreshments, will be more limited. Weekend registered attendees will be given priority for this event. In the unlikely case that we do not sell out the Tea Dance, we will open the ticket sales to other experienced local dancers not attending the Weekend. If you have a friend or family member who is an experienced dancer and is interested in attending the Tea Dance, but is not attending the rest of the weekend, email email@example.com I will put them on a wait list until much closer to the event. Wait listed Weekend folks will be at the top of this wait list ahead of anyone not registering for the Weekend.
Parking in the Chautauqua Park can be challenging to find. We recommend carpooling from Avalon if you can. It is about a 15-minute drive from Avalon to the Park, and you may wish to park on the street to the right (north) of Baseline if you cannot find a spot within the park. Allow time to park and walk into the middle of the complex to get to the Community House. We will provide a map to the Community House Sunday morning at Avalon.
This registration system works best (and easiest) if you pay by credit card. Really, we recommend it!! :)
NOTE: Your registration is not complete and accepted until we have your payment in hand, either by credit card or check!
When you click the button below to start your registration process, you will notice that the Tea Dance event says the cost is "from $70." The price is actually $35, and we set it up so you can pay for you and your partner both at the same time; thus you can select 1 or 2 Tea Dance tickets (only if you are paying by credit card.)
credit card (visa, mastercard, discover, american express...this is a secure system.)
- SOLO REGISTRANTS: Fill out the Basic Weekend Package form and select a quantity of 1 for the Tea Dance if you wish to attend that event too. Then check out and pay with your card.
- REGISTRATION PARTNERS PAYING SEPARATELY. Same as #1; be sure to put your partner's name in the form.
- PARTNERS REGISTERING TO BE PAID TOGETHER BY ONE OF THE PARTNERS: Be sure to get your partner's lunch preference (meat, poultry, vegetarian, vegan, and any allergies or other exceptions) as well as any volunteer tasks they might want to help with before you begin your registration. Fill out 2 separate Basic Package forms, and then select a quantity of 2 on the Tea Dance if you are going to them. Then check out and pay. The person who has paid will receive a confirmation email that we have received payment.
- SOLO AND PARTNERED REGISTRANTS: Regardless of whether you are paying and/or registering for 1 or 2, a separate registration form and optional Tea Dance must go into the Shopping Cart and the order completed so that it is completely handled as one transaction, not a pair of partners as the system is able to do with credit card payment.
- PAYMENT PAGE: use the Coupons below the totals to zero out the total so that it will let you escape from the system without paying with a credit card. Use these codes for the Coupons:
Basic Weekend Package: CheckBasic
Tea Dance: CheckTea
3. CHECK PAYMENT: After each individual order is submitted, each will get a confirmation email. If you are paying for 2, you may then send one check if you wish, combining the amounts for both people. To complete your registration, right away make your check out to Marilyn Chartrand, and mail to:
1525 Chestnut St. #B
Alameda, CA 94501
COUPLE OF HINTS ABOUT THIS REGISTRATION SYSTEM:
- If when you fill out your registration form, you then hit the Submit button at the bottom and nothing happens, scroll back up until you see a red box with an error message. Likely you forgot to fill out a required field. Fill it out and then try the Submit button again, and it should then be fine.
- After you register for the Basic Package and Submit, and it tells you it is "Added", click the BACK TO EVENTS LIST link to visit the Tea Dance if you wish to attend that too.